The new fad.
quoting your favorite movies and letting people guess what they are. Here are mine. I'll post the answers in a few days if no one guesses. Remember, no googling the quote -- that's cheating!
1. [Woman 1]: To love is to burn - to be on fire, like Juliet or Guinevere or Eloise...
[Woman 2]: They made rather pathetic ends, dear.
[Woman 1]: Pathetic? To die for love? How can you say so? What could be more glorious?
[Woman 2]: I think that would be taking your romantic sensibilities a little far.
2. I love my dad. But technically, since he's my stepfather he's not family... he's more like a hostage.
3. [Man]: What was that for?
[woman]: Because you have always been so kind to me, and I won't be seeing you again since I'm killing myself once we reach the honeymoon suite.
[man]: Won't that be nice. She kissed me.
4. Careful the things you say, children will listen. Careful the things you do, children will see. And learn. Children may not obey, but children will listen. Children will look to you for which way to turn, to learn what to be. Careful before you say, "Listen to me." Children will listen. Careful the wish you make, wishes are children. Careful the path they take - wishes come true, not free. Careful the spell you cast, not just on children. Sometimes the spell may last beyond what you can see and turn against you. Careful the tale you tell. That is the spell. Children will listen.
5. You have come here, in pursuit of your deepest urge. In pursuit of that wish which till now has been silent... SILENT! I have brought you that our passions may fuse and merge. In your mind you've already succumbed to me. Dropped all defenses, completely succumbed to me. Now you are here with me. No second thoughts. You've decided... DECIDED! No backward glances, our games of make-believe are at an end! Past all thought of if or when. No use resisting, abandon thought and let the dream descend! What raging fire shall flood the soul? What rich desires unlock its door? What sweet seductions lie before us? The final threshold... what warm unspoken secrets will we learn?
6. My sister Veronica and I had this double act, and my husband Charlie traveled around with us. Now for the last number in our act we did these 20 acrobatic tricks in a row: one, two, three, four, five, splits, spread-eagles, back-flips, flip-flops, one right after the other. So this one night before the show we're at the hotel Cicero, the three of us boozin', having a few laughs, and we run out of ice, so I run out to get some. I come back, open the door, and there's Veronica and Charlie doing number 17, the spread-eagle. Well, I was in such a state of shock that I completely blacked out; I can't remember a thing. It wasn't until later, when I was washing the blood off my hands, I even knew they were dead.
7. The mode of your declaration merely spared me any concern I might have felt in refusing you, had you behaved in a more gentleman-like manner. You could not have made me the offer of your hand in any possible way that would have tempted me to accept it. From the very beginning your manners impressed me with the fullest belief of your arrogance, your conceit and your selfish disdain for the feelings of others. I had not known you a month before I felt you were the last man in the world whom I could ever marry!
8. [name] gehst du einkaufen? Ich brauch shampoo. (Translation: are you going shopping? I need shampoo.)
9. Do it.
10. I have another scenario for you - I'm in love with you. I apologize for the blunt delivery, but as problematic as this fact may be, I'm in love... with YOU. I'm not feeling this because you're leaving, and not because it feels good to feel this way... which, by the way, it does, or did before you went off like that. I can't figure out the mathematics of this, I just know I love you. I can't believe how many times I'm saying it! And I never thought I'd feel this way again, so that's pretty phenomenal. And I realize that I come as a package deal: 3 for the price of 1. I know my package, perhaps in the light of day, isn't all that wonderful, but I finally know what I want and that, in itself, is a miracle. And what I want is YOU.